December 27, 2006

Aging Haiku


A wall of old tools –
lit by the light of their time –
aching to be used.

We went on a lantern-light tour of some of the historical sites in Washington Crossing State Park last week. I love that feeling, of history simultaneously impossibly far away and yet tantalizingly close.

(Thanks to the women of One Deep Breath
for their continuing inspiration.)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:02 AM

    Beautiful photo and haiku. There is something about old tools that I find very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice...really like the idea of tools aching to be used...like our talents, I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, I loved this haiku and image - there is a whole building of lovely old tools here aching to be used, and my own haiku for this week was about the door of the place. Happy New Year! (Cate)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!