February 05, 2007

Haiku - Dusk


Eye-watering cold
and the graveyard wall at dusk –
distinctions blurring.

(Thanks as ever to the women of One Deep Breath
for their continuing inspiration.)

10 comments:

  1. Wow. WOW! The equality of death. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 AM

    Cold sleep of bones. Souls soar high above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly,
    I like this. Blurred distinctions of day to night, life to twilght to the darkness of the final resting place.
    rel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, not my favorite time to be around a graveyard! However, the hiaku is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:53 PM

    Very lovely photo and haiku. What better place to express twilight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, excellent! You did not even need that (awesome) photo with these (perfect) words. I love this poem, especially (and this may seems strange) but I like "blurring" because it's of-the-moment, as twilight occurs. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the cold brings tears and blurs the lines... or maybe the tears are for the wall...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:26 AM

    on which side the light?
    does it welcome the just or
    keep away evil?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:12 AM

    evocative senryu,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!