Packing List
Long pants, long-sleeve shirts
(They say it's cold up there)
Winter coat, mittens, hat, boots
(Maybe even some snow!)
All my favorite books, especially
the ones that take a long time
for Grandpa or Nana to read
(Extra snuggle time)
Six dinosaurs, all the superheroes,
and three Transformers.
Oh, and the Martian Manhunter,
he's kind of like a superhero
except maybe more of a bad guy
(And you really have to have bad guys,
Mommy, even if you don't
want to be one when you grow up)
Wind-up flashlight that can never
run out of batteries because I
am the power source
(In case there are adventures or exploring)
Cards for playing SET and Dutch Blitz
(Which are games kids can play
with grownups
except I might have to teach them)
Excitement, smiles, my best manners
(and your prayers for my safe return)
(Thanks to the women of Poetry Thursday
for their continuing inspiration.)
Bon voyage!
ReplyDeleteI hope he gets his adventures and exploring....
ReplyDeleteOh, have a wonderful time there, big fella and a safe return home as well!
ReplyDeleteHee hee- this was wonderful, Shelley!
This was very sweet -- made me remember my early trips to Grandma's.
ReplyDeleteHave a great journey! I too remember how excited I used to be when I was kid visiting my grand parents.
ReplyDeletegautami
Ode to the Bard