July 07, 2008

(flickr/ Chris Jones)

broken windows —
each empty house
someone's story

(Thanks to the folks at One Single Impression
for their continuing inspiration.)


8 comments:

  1. Perfect. I have often felt this way. The sight of such windows always makes me wonder how they came to be in such disrepair. I wonder about the human story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:35 AM

    Oh yes! Someone else has these thoughts too! Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:57 AM

    When I was younger and braver, I often explored abandoned homes and places of business. So many ghosts. So many curiosities. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so true! Wonderfully done. I love it when you can convey so much in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:01 PM

    thank u for a humane poem..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:36 PM

    A sad photo and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:50 PM

    I love the stories that can be found in old houses (even if I have to make them up). Thanks for the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the wonderings of broken windows and who has lived there and loved.Excellent photo and haiku.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!