June 20, 2006

Happy (Almost) Birthday To Me



Earlier this year, I helped out with the fabulous "Princeton Idol" event at the Princeton Public Library, and was awash in gratitude for the spirit and energy of everyone involved.

Growing up, one of my all-time favorite movie moments happened when Superman scooped up Lois Lane midfall, only to have her ask, "You've got me? Who's got you?" I've always loved Superman. The cape? Impossibly strong yet frighteningly vulnerable? Always getting the girl? What's not to love?

So it seemed a kind of cosmic convergence when I found out that the library's upcoming fundraiser is taking the form of an exclusive sneak-preview showing of the new Superman movie. Next Tuesday, June 27th, 5pm, at the Garden Theater on the main drag in Princeton.

Tickets are $30, include complimentary snacks and a poster, and benefit the library. I am so totally going. And it's the day before my celebrated birthday, so I'll walk to the show in order to facilitate my partner and son doing some last minute birthday elfing. :-)

Want to join me? Quick, snag the form here. They still have seats. And let me know, so I can save you one near me!

1 comment:

JAXTER said...

I SO wish I could be there, Superman rocks! And it would seem that you will have an incredible birthday too. Have a happy one!