1) Lousy night's sleep because I bought cough medicine on the way home which I then could not find at bedtime (NOT Wednesday, late enough that it was actually Thursday), which sent me on an obsessive recursive tear through our not very large house, how can I lose something that I JUST got, I've checked everywhere, maybe set it down in the bathroom, or the kid's room, or...? What the *!@$?!! (Finally found it in the car. About half an hour later. My poor partner.)
2) I absentmindedly let the kid use a Sharpie marker in the kitchen.
3) Nothing gets Sharpie marker off the kitchen table.
4) Kept feeling like the newscasters were trying to get me to do a little rah-rah cheer over the death of al-Zarqawi. Not my style.
5) Used up my emergency stash of OB's. 'Nuff said.
6) Database into which colleagues will be putting essential end-of-year comments acting glitchy. Discovered at the last minute because that's when people do things.
7) My kid started and ended his day by being taunted by some little mini-creep at his school.
8) My allergy-induced non-productive cough continues to drive me (and everyone around me, I'm sure) insane. Can't possibly be TB, right?
9) Productivity at work pretty much went down to zero, what with the sleep deprivation, database issues, and constant coughing laced with fevered hypochondriacal worst-case-scenario imaginings.
10) Heartsick about Sassafras Mama and her family.
11) Second day of not hearing back from the one person I DID remember to call at work.
12) Left my housekeys in the car while accompanying D home from school on foot, so had to pathetically hang out on the front lawns of neighbors until I could be rescued.
13) More rain. Coat's in the car, too.
Foolproof prediction: tomorrow will be better!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants