November 30, 2006

Sunday Scribblings: In the Last Hour

  • In the last hour I have presided over bathtime and books.
  • I have avoided the laundry, the dishes, and our bills.
  • I have changed into play clothes and cursed the slow-draining tub.
  • I have wished for better radio reception.
  • I have been happy for Miss Amy getting air time on Kids Corner!
  • I have been sad for C, who lost her job.
  • I have been outraged that anyone, even someone who mostly works online, could be fired by email.
  • I have been pleased to think about Grammy and Grampy being back online again.
  • I have put lotion on my hands, which have been handling paper all day.
  • I have called my sweetie, to urge her to head on home.
  • I have dreamed of buying a few books online before my coupon expires.
  • I have wondered if I could write an entry without using the word "I" once.
  • And I have planned unearthing our Advent Calendar. While simultaneously looking forward to Leslie's.
(Thanks to the fun women of Sunday Scribblings
for their continuing inspiration.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fairly busy hour. Nice job on this weeks SS. Just wanted to stop in and say hello for the most part.

BD

Anonymous said...

That is definitely the hour of a parent with little children. Busy. Good job with the SS prompt.

Anonymous said...

You've really made the ordinary and everyday poetic and meaningful. Great post!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you used a list format. I can relate to a million things going around my head within the space of an hour.

JP (mom) said...

Nice play with the prompt ... life makes up those moment to moment details. much peace, JP

Anonymous said...

everyone's hours are making me feel quite unproductive.

Anonymous said...

Beware, the return of the laundry, the dishes, and [your] bills.

*Jaws music here*

Anonymous said...

"...without using the word 'I' once"... I've asked myself the same question. What a challenge that would be.