December 12, 2006

Christmas Carol Tag


Nancy over at GenreCookShop tagged me with this request for my five favorite holiday songs. A nice excuse to have my head full of music; thanks, Nancy!

Stille Nacht (auf Deutsch)
I realized in putting together this list that I like this song in German not because I'm snobby about doing it in the original or anything like that. Rather, it's the fact that my German is a little rusty that makes me want to sing this song in German; I have to think just a little bit about every word, in a way that I never would in English.

O Little Town of Bethlehem
It's the small town girl in me, I guess; I just like it when a little town gets its moment to shine.

Oh Holy Night
Just can't resist this soaring melody.

Deck the Halls
C'mon, you know nothing says "holiday season" like GAY apparel!

Baby It's Cold Outside
Just love the playful overlapping lines of this.

Runners Up:
White Christmas
Pearl Bailey's rendition of "Five Pound Box of Money" (cracks me up every time)

Hell, no:
Little Drummer Boy
He can just pa rum pum pum pum right outta here, thank you very much.

Chelle, Sassafras Mama, Jaxter, Julie, and Cate, you've got next ups!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelley- just thought I would say hello and tell you I loved the Christmas tree picture. Hope you and family are enjoying the holiday season!

SarahJane said...

Nice reading your choices, Shelley. We're spinning the christmas tunes at home now, too.

Anonymous said...

that is an amazing photo!