March 23, 2007

Favorite Shirt

(Buried in the Slush Pile is having a contest and today is the last day to send in entries! She is giving away a copy of K. Pluta's new book There's a Yak in my Bed to the winner. All you have to do is write a short, short story (75 words or less) using mostly words from the Dolce Word List. If you're interested, you can get all the details here on her blog. Thanks to cloudscome for this tip!)

Here's mine (probably disqualified because of too many non-Dolce words, but who cares, I had fun):

Some days, I dress myself.

First I lie in my bed and watch the leaf shadows dance on my wall. And I think about which shirt I will wear.

The one from Nana with the funny blue birds is good.

Or the robot one that Sam gave me.

But my best one we got at a yard sale. It is so soft and fits just right.

I could wear it every day.

Can I, Daddy?

1 comment:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

That is wonderful! I want to dress myself like that.