June 29, 2007

Bowling Birthday


I broke with my tradition of bowling under an alias yesterday (thought it might be confusing for D, for one thing), and celebrated my birthday with some fully-attributed family bowling. As you can see from this automated scorer display, first-time bowler D was ahead after the first frame.

We played one game of bumper bowling at Colonial Lanes, a gianormous cavern of a place that it's hard to imagine ever having been full. (Bumper bowling is designed to remove the pain of gutter balls from your game... the gutters are filled with a long padded railing that gently bounces your errant balls back into play.)

D used a 6 pound ball (the lightest they had) and only dropped it perilously close to his precious toes twice.

T and I shared a ball, and she bowled the only strike of the night a few seconds after this shot:


Then my camera batteries flashed empty, so no pictures of the boy or birthday girl in action! :-(

We'll just have to go back...

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Many happy returns of the day!

Chelle said...

So does my sis still throw a bowling ball as if she were pitching it?

Looks like fun!

Stacy said...

Happy Day!

I'll need the back story on your bowling alias.

JAXTER said...

Happy happy day after! Some of us couldn't bowl without the padding...