July 31, 2007

Contrast Haiku

Good luck, bad luck:
seals bobbing offshore –
the fisherman shrugs.

(Thanks to the women of One Deep Breath
for their continuing inspiration.
And to gulliver of Clip2Go
for this great photo of bobbing seals.)


Clare said...

Such sweet little faces!! Nice haiku -- I could totally visualize the fisherman shrugging too.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely photo! I can see the fisherman shrugging too, seals are just part of life, whether they're good luck or bad

Brian said...

I like the haiku. I can hear the seals on the phone calling out the location of the fishing boats. :)

Roswila said...

Fabulous haiku!

tumblewords said...

The contrast here is terrific. I've been one of the 'shruggers'. Grin. And one of the 'watchers'.

Plain Foolish said...

Oh, I can empathize with this.