February 08, 2008

It's A Book!

By Shelley Krause


At the end of last year, I realized that I had written enough haiku that I thought worth sharing that I could make a book of them. I don't have access to Photoshop, but was hoping for something a little more robust than Snapfish or Shutterfly. I was very happy to discover Blurb, and even though the creative process had its moments, I am quite pleased with the way the final product (a 46-page book of haiku and images entitled Each Stone) turned out. Blurb is set up so that you can sell your work for profit, but I've decided not to include a "mark up" on my haiku collection, so if you buy a copy, the only people who will be making money are the folks at Blurb. I waited to post this until my parents and T's parents had both received their copies... now I'm happy to let anyone and everyone know that the book is available via Blurb's on-demand printing. You can check out a low-res preview of the book by clicking on the preview link above. If you buy it, please let me know what you think! And if you're a friend of mine, feel free to ask for a copy for your birthday. :-)

(Most of the images in the book are mine, too,
although the few that aren't were a fun part of the process...
I solicited collaborators through the fabulousness that is the internet,
and came up with some terrific accompanying images.)

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Now I have a dilemma, though small. I want a copy, and I'm a friend of yours, but my birthday is 9 months away and I don't think I can wait that long! My wife's is sooner but it's still 6 months away. Hmmm, perhaps she needs a Valentine's present....

Congrats, can't wait to read it.

kerrdelune said...

Wow, I am going to purchase a copy! Good stuff indeed, and I am looking forward to reading it.

... have been in a prosy mode in the last several months but am heading back to haiku.

Wendy said...

i am DEFINITELY going to buy a copy.

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Wow, I completely missed this post and the news that you have self-published a book, until i read about it on Wendy's blog! Wow! Go Shelley!

Shelley said...

Dear friends, thank you so much for your kind support. I have never been so happy as when I am putting my words together in a way that makes them feel more "real." Although it's scary, too, of course.