November 09, 2006

Poetry Thursday - Snapshots

"There was a silence with things going on in it." ~ Dorothy Parker

Here is a lovely one of the Grand Canyon.

Here is the space you left for my apology.

And here I am, filling it with a car door slam.

Here you are pounding away at the tent stakes,

And this is me, failing at sleep.

Here is a close-up of a redwood with its heart cut out,

And here we are driving through it.

Here is the same fight with only the words changed,

And here is that road we got lost on.

This one didn't quite come out —

It was supposed to be of the heat

Rising up off the asphalt.

This is where the radio stuttered and died.

Here is a silence with things going on in it.

2 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Oh my soul that is beautiful.

angie said...

This is full of wonderful images and emotions. I also read your two life stories -- thank you for those! The "stars" one helped me remember the stars, too, and now I vow to take my kids out to see them. Best wishes to you.