November 08, 2006

Tanali and the Silver Scissors


Thirteen days ago I started a story at the request of my niece (pictured above; note sword).

Over this past weekend I finished it and printed it using a fabulous shareware application I found to help me make a groovy little booklet.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a piece of writing.

My niece got her copy yesterday, and read the whole thing in one sitting. (She's eight, and the story is about 6,400 words long. That's my girl.)

I talked to her tonight, and she reports that some of the big words that the teacher of Personal Illusion uses were a little confusing (art imitates life), and that her favorite part was the part where Tanali uses the enchanted scissors for the first time.

I one very happy auntie. (And if your interest is piqued enough now that you'd like to read the story in full, email me at shelleyq (at) yahoo.com and we'll see what we can do about that.)

In other news:
(image by Brian Topping)

A good day.

PS: Hi, Kim! [waves, grinning] Welcome aboard.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Yeah on all fronts.

sm

Anonymous said...

Please email me a copy of the story so I can read it in my free time (this may take awhile!) :)
Wasn't yesterday a great day for politics?

I'm so honored that you gave me a personal shout out!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

LOL! And thanks for the shareware tip!