February 25, 2007

Canal Walk



Today a friend unexpectedly offered to allow D to tag along as she took her daughter to a riding lesson. Time alone!

Without this week's theme, I probably would have busied myself with multiple rounds of Shooot, a couple of loads of laundry, maybe some pre-tax organizing. But it was day 25, so I was all about getting myself outside.

I headed off to the D&R canal towpath, and was struck by the emptiness. Was everyone else either hunkered down for the coming storm, or out getting emergency provisions? I stood in the middle a usually busy road and took a picture with no fear. The lake, which was teeming with skaters just a few days ago, is busy melting.

(Thanks to the folks at Thing-A-Day
for their continuing inspiration,
and to my friend E,
who enabled my solitary walk today.)

No comments: