February 22, 2007

Into the Woods

I spend very little time outside in February. And the relative lack of snow has made the outdoors seem less inviting this year. But my boy and I are in danger of developing a serious case of cabin fever, so for my last week of "thing-a-day" I'm spending time outside. Just to be there. Tonight we went exploring in the Broadmead woods. D was drawn to the thorny thicket. I was drawn to the towering trees. We stayed until it was almost too dark to find our way out. Deeply satisfying.

(Thanks to the people of Thing-A-Day
for their continuing inspiration.)



2 comments:

kerrdelune said...

Shelley, I love this blog entry, I absolutely love it! Isn't it a grand thing to go pottering in the woods with our loved ones?

.... there is still too much snow here to go pottering without snowshoes though (LOL).

Unknown said...

That's why you have to take plenty of rations.

Looks like fun to me. :)