February 23, 2007

Winter Wind

Brrrrr! One of those days here when you want to pull your hat down over your ears when the weather announcer tells you how much colder it will feel with the wind chill. Anything that was wet outside today turned to ice. Our front lawn? Ice. Our walkway? Ice.

I walked in my neighborhood after work and before picking D up from school. At at corner near my house, there is a stand of three or four very tall pine trees, and the wind today was having its way with them. Further down the block, I saw a single pine nestled in among a stand of deciduous trees, and the frantically waving branches of the pine made it look as if the tree were trying to escape.

I walked and watched the pines and saw my fingers go redder and redder with each picture I took. When I came home, I made corn muffins.



(Thanks to the good folks at Thing-A-Day
for their continuing inspiration.)

No comments: