March 16, 2009

Simeone Foundation Visit

Okay, I don't feel so bad now. Turns out the Simeone Foundation's awesome race car museum wasn't open yet back when I was living in Philly. Figures. Then again, I wasn't the mama of a boy with a need for speed back then, either, so I guess it all works out.

We went last weekend, actually, but a nasty bout of food poisoning did a number on my plans for last week and I'm just now starting to catch up. The museum is great. Easy to get to, down in the section of Philly that is mostly home to the airport park-n-ride establishments, this one is all park and no ride, but well worth the trip nonetheless. They had every kind of high-end race car I'd ever heard of, including one of Mr. D's beloved Aston Martins.

First, though, this rare sighting of a Ferrari on the go...
it had been on loan to the museum, but was then sold.
The new owner was awaiting its arrival in California,
and we got to see the car on its very last day in Pennsylvania.
Gorgeous.

What, this old thing? This is just my Alfa Romeo.

Nothing quite as fancy for me, thanks...
but I do love me some deep yellow!

(We had a great visit,
and it's free for kids eight and under...
got there just in time!)

No comments: